This is simple recipe that you can make in your slow cooker or in a skillet the stove and add our Syracuse Style habanero, Heritage Hill beer hot sauce or one of our other handcrafted hot sauces for the perfect touch of heat and flavor. So go ahead, get those grills and skillets heated up it's always taco Tuesday in SYRACHA'CUSE™
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
- 1 small onion (peeled and quartered)
- 3 garlic cloves (smashed)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon SYRACHA'CUSE hot sauce
- Corn or flour tortilla (warmed, for serving)
- Add the chicken in a single layer to a deep skillet. Add the onion, garlic, and broth, season with salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat, barely bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to low. Partially cover. Skim any foam that forms off the top and flip the chicken over if needed. Cook the chicken breasts for 10 to 15 minutes, or until just cooked through. Do not overcook. Cook thighs at a low simmer for 30 minutes, or until tender and cooked through. Drain and reserve the broth, discarding the onion and garlic.
- Shred the meat with two forks or let cool enough to shred with your hands. Add 1/4 cup of the reserved broth chili powder, cumin, and paprika and your favorite SYRACHA'CUSE hot sauce to the pan over medium heat. Stir and cook until the broth is simmering. Add the shredded chicken and stir well. Turn off the heat.
- Add the lime juice, stir, and taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper or some extra hot sauce as needed.
- Serve on warm tortillas with your choice of toppings.